Thursday 10 January 2013

Review: Dark Chocolate Brazil nuts

I'm not usually a nuts-in-chocolate fan, as I tend to think any kind of fruit or nut in chocolate ruins it and detracts from the full chocolate-y taste. 

However, I purchased a tin of Dark Chocolate covered Brazil nuts from Hotel Chocolat - mainly because they were half price in the sale, I was paying £4.99 for postage, and so I wanted to get as much dark chocolate as possible. So whilst I wouldn't pay £10 for a tin of chocolate covered brazil nuts, I did pay £5 quite happily. 

Having received the product, I am pleasantly surprised. The brazil nuts come in a nice tin, and you get a lot of brazil nuts for your £5 (although I wouldn't consider it amazingly good value for £10, obviously). Even better, each brazil nut is covered with a very generous coating, so there is plenty of chocolate to accompany each nut. This means that whilst you obviously taste the brazil nut, it is not so over-riding as you miss the lovely chocolate. The chocolate itself is good quality (as one would expect from Hotel Chocolat), and goes well with the nut inside. 

Overall, I'm finding I'm opting for the brazil nuts over some of the other products I bought - a surprise indeed! And whilst you can't get the tin anymore (it was a Christmas promotion I believe), you can get a packet of them for £3.50 in the selectors section (www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/Bolivian-Brazil-Nuts-Selector-P290004/), which I may just be tempted to do.  

So if you are a nuts-with-chocolate sort of person, or even not, these are by far the best I've ever tried, so much so I'm tempted away from those Rose and Violet Cremes..... 

LFL

No comments:

Post a Comment